Female, #3293, (15 December 1644 - 26 July 1726)
Record Wheelock was born on 15 December 1644 in Dedham, Norfolk County, Massachusetts, her birth was recorded as 15 (10) 1644.1,2,3,4,5 She was the daughter of Rev. Ralph Wheelock and Rebecca Wilkerson.1,2,3,4,5 Record Wheelock was christened on 22 December 1644 in Dedham, Norfolk County, Massachusetts.1 On 3 October 1672 Record, at age 27, married Increase Ward, at age 27, son of Deacon William Ward and Elizabeth unknown, in Medfield, Norfolk County, Massachusetts. According to the marriage intentions filed, he was living in Shrewsbury, Mass. at the time of his wedding.2,6,3,7,8,5 Record Wheelock and Increase Ward lived in 1673 in Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, They lived in that part of Marlborough, which in 1717, became Westborough and later Northborough. There he ran a sawmill.3 Record Wheelock served in 1689 in Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, as Town Clerk.5 She died on Friday, 26 July 1726 in Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, at age 81 years, 7 months and 11 days.3,7,8,5
Children of Record Wheelock and Increase Ward
- Hanson, Robert Brand. The Vital Records of Dedham, Massachusetts. volume 1: Births and Baptisms. Bowie, Maryland: Heritage Books, 1989).
- Tilden, William S. History of the Town of Medfield, Massachusetts 1650-1886. 1887. Reprint Medfield, Massachusetts: Medfield Historical Society, 1975.
- Martyn, Charles. The William Ward Genealogy - The History of the Descendants of William Ward of Sudbury, Mass. 1638-1925. New York: Artemas Ward, 1925.
- Trask, William B.. "Early Records of Boston", The New England Historical and Genealogical Register volume VIII (1854).
- Bullard, Edgar J. Bullard and Allied Families. Detroit: Private Publisher, 1930.
- Ward, Andrew Henshaw. History of the Town of Shrewsbury, Massachusetts From Its Settlement in 1717 to 1829, with Other Matter Relating thereto Not Before Published, Including an Extensive Family Register. 1847. Reprint Bowie, Maryland: Heritage Books, 1989.
- Hudson, Charles. History of the Town of Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts from its First Settlement in 1657 to 1861 with a Brief Sketch of the Town of Northborough. Boston: T.R. Marvin & Son, 1862.
- Ward, Andrew Henshaw. Ward Family: Descendants of William Ward. Boston: Samuel G. Drake, 1851.