Rev. Samuel Carter
Male, #24199, (8 August 1640 - 1693)
Rev. Samuel Carter was born on 8 August 1640 in Watertown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts. His birth date was recorded as 8 (6) 1640.1,2,3,4 He was the son of Rev. Thomas Carter and Mary Dalton.2,3,4 Rev. Samuel Carter graduated in 1660 from from Harvard College.2,4 He was admitted as a townsman on 4 January 1665/66 in Woburn, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.2,4 In 1672 Samuel, married Eunice Brooks, daughter of John Brooks and Eunice Mousall, in Woburn, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.1,2,4 Rev. Samuel Carter served in 1679 in Woburn, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, as a Selectman. He served again from 1681 through 1683.2 He was appointed in 1680 as the Commissioner of Rates.2 He was employed by by the town as a Teacher of Grammar School between 1685 and 1686.2 He was elected in 1690 as the Town Clerk.2 He partipicated in an ordinance on 21 October 1692 in Groton, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.2 He died in 1693 in Groton, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, at age 52 years.2,5,4 Samuel's estate was inventoried on 17 October 1693 in Woburn, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.2 The estate of Rev. Samuel Carter was administered on 30 October 1693 in Groton, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.6,5,2
Children of Rev. Samuel Carter and Eunice Brooks
- Mary Carter+5,2,4 (24 Jul 1673 - bt 1709 - 1715)
- Samuel Carter2,4 (27 Aug 1675 - 10 Sep 1676)
- Samuel Carter+4,1,2 (7 Jan 1677/78 - 23 Aug 1738)
- John Carter2,4 (14 Mar 1680 - 1705)
- Thomas Carter2,4 (3 Apr 1682 - 31 Mar 1738)
- Nathaniel Carter2,4 (7 Apr 1685 - )
- Eunice Carter2,4 (29 Mar 1687 - )
- Abigail Carter2,4 (May 1689 - )
- Abigail Carter2,4 (30 May 1690 - )
- Burrell, Alyce Adams. A Genealogy of Sherwin-Shedd and Allied Families in America. Baltimore: Gateway Press, Inc., 1990.
- Carter, Clara A and Carter, Sarah A.. Carter - A Genealogy of the Descendants of Samuel and Thomas, sons of Rev. Samuel Carter. Clinton, Massachusetts: W. J. Coulter, Courant Office, 1887.
- Pope, Charles Henry. The Pioneers of Massachusetts. 1900. Reprint Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company, 1981.
- Sewall, Samuel. The History of Woburn, Middlesex County, Mass.. 1868. Reprint Bowie, Maryland: Heritage Books, 1990.
- Lesure, Frank G.. "Mary Carter, First Wife of Nathaniel Sawyer of Lancaster, Massachusetts", The American Genealogist volume 75 (January 2000).
- Nourse, Henry S.. The Birth, Marriage and Death Register, Church Records and Epitaphs of Lancaster, Massachusetts 1643-1850. 1890. Reprint Bowie, Maryland: Heritage Books, 1993.